Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Day 129 - Altas of World History (Give) and Day 130 - Toilet Paper Holder (Sell)

I had gotten this Atlas for a college class.  And if I remember correctly, I paid about $10 for it and it was never actually used in the course of study.

If it were a regular world atlas, it would be way out of date by now.  But it has historical maps - like how much territory comprised the Roman Empire at the time of Julius Caesar and so forth, so it will never go out of date.

I figured I would pass it on to one of the history teachers at my school rather than toss it in the recycle bin.  So I gave it as a sort of goodwill gesture to a guy I frequently get into political debates with on Facebook.  I love debating someone with polar opposite beliefs - it's such great mental exercise. 

And, of course, when you win the debate consistently, that's just icing on the cake.  ;-)

My history teacher friend was appreciative.

Today's object to sell is a toilet paper holder I found while cleaning out the garage.  It's still in the packaging and perfectly fine, except for the layer of dust and grime all over it.  I don't remember the circumstances of why it was neither used nor returned.  But I'm putting it with the garage sale stuff and maybe I'll get a buck or two out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment