Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 126 - Records, etc (Throw) and Progress Towards Haiti

Tired.  I don't have too much to write regarding things I've thrown away - I've been tossing a lot of stuff about every day this week as we get the house prepared for our Open House on Sunday.  For instance, I had set aside several records that I had various plans for.  They were on a table in the living room and I just am tired of looking at them, so I tossed them today.  Should have done that when I threw all the rest of those records away a few weeks ago.

More significant today were two steps toward getting the kids to Haiti this summer.  First, Melissa took the four to Walgreens to get passport photos and then we all headed to the post office to get the paperwork finished up and sent off.  Melissa had already printed the paperwork off the website, gathered birth certificates, etc.  Now all we had to do was write a big old check.  Ouch.

Poor Princess (age 4) wasn't feeling well... still!  She scowled at the photographer at Walgreens.  At the post office, she whined about wanting to go home.  Once she got home, she crawled into bed and ... promptly threw up.  It was ugly (But I've seen worse).  She's had a rough few days now.  After a bath, she finally got to sleep, clutching a tissue in one hand and her bucket in the other.

(Sorry to get distracted from the other step toward Haiti... but I had to work this picture in!) 

Here's the other step.  We belong to a church that takes missions very seriously.  Fifteen percent of what the church receives through offerings goes directly to support various missionaries - most of them homegrown.  Also, the church has the policy of giving 50% financial support to members who go on short-term mission trips.  The church supported Melissa last June and me in October and I got an email from the pastor today saying the church would fund 50% of the kids' portion of our trip this summer!  That will be a BIG help in getting us there.

Even though it's been stressful and busy, we've certainly had a blessed week of spring break!  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment