Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 112 - More Letters (Throw) and Day 113 - Chuck E. Cheese Crown (Give)

Trying to get caught up on my days, so not planning to write much here. Thursday I just sorted through another stack of letters and tossed a bunch more. In the midst of them I found two things of interest - a copy of my birth certificate and a notebook with a copy of all my letters I wrote back to these folks. I had almost forgotten that for a long time in college I had used carbon paper to make copies as I wrote letters. Those I'm not quite ready to toss yet - may be some interesting tidbits in there.

I've never really thought about it before, but I don't have single note or letter from my father. It makes me sad - in more ways than one. When I went to Haiti back in October, I made the effort to leave a bit of candy and a note on each of the kids' beds, knowing they would find them after school - when I was well on my way to Florida. Melissa says they carried those notes around for days. I'm guessing they all still have them tucked away somewhere. Fathers - write a note to your kids! Today!

I tried to throw away the Chuck E. Cheese crown from The Princess' birthday party, but Melissa stopped me. She wants to take it to school. Fine with me as long as it never comes back to the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment