Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, March 14, 2011

Day 122 - Vaguely-Celtic Cross (Give)

Melissa and the kids and I drove to Shelbyville to attend little brother Russ' church.  Big brother Spencer and his family came too.  We gathered because Russ was taking the big step of joining the church and, more importantly, professing his faith publicly. 

Spencer pointed out that a lot of folks had been praying for this day to come for a long time.  Russ will tell you that he spent many years far from God, living life on his own terms.  This past year has been a spiritual journey for him.  Then, on a recent weekend, he attended an Emmaus Walk at the urging of his fiancee. 

It sealed the deal and he has surrendered.  He has posted numerous testimonies on Facebook about his experiences during that retreat and it sounds like God spoke some deep truths to him. 

Even better, it sounds like God really has Russ' ear on an on-going basis now.

Praise God!

I came across this small cross that I believe my mother gave me some years ago.  It's one of many things I can't hold on to in the long run, so I gave it to Russ after we all enjoyed a lunch together post-worship. 

It was a good day.  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment