Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 123 - Cassette Tape "Walkman" (Throw) and Day 124 - "Through Painted Deserts" (Give)

Not much to report today.  Our day was thrown off by The Princess (age 4) coming down with a stomach bug.  Melissa actually had her at a doctor's office (a dermatologist though!) when The Princess first ralphed.  She has literally thrown up at least 20 times since.  It's so tough to watch her go through this.  At one point she looked up and said, "I just wish this day was over."

I have to admit that a little stomach bug like this can summon up a bit of anxiety in me over taking my kids to Haiti.  Even a little thing like this could end up with The Princess getting dehydrated and possibly needing medical treatment.  What are we going to do when there's not a fully equipped emergency room just blocks away from our house?  The easy answer is:  we'll have to trust God. 

That's also the tough answer.

There's so much more that could be said, but I don't even want to think about it right now.

I did make some real progress today on my application for One Mission Society - I probably have another hour or two of work on it to finish it up.  I'd like to have it complete and ready to send by the end of spring break.

As far as Giving, Throwing and Selling:  Nothing too exciting here.  Yesterday, at about 15 minutes to midnight, I went digging around for something to throw away!  I tell you, I am taking this seriously and I haven't missed a day yet...

So I found this old cassette player - just another example of outdated technology that I don't believe anybody else could possibly want.  So into the trash.

[It's 5 minutes to midnight and The Princess just went for #21.  Melissa and I prayed over her that it would be her last and she would get some solid sleep now.]

Today's give was another Donald Miller book.  My friend Todd (who went to Haiti on the same mission team back in October) received one of my first gives - Miller's book "Blue Like Jazz".  He texted me a few weeks ago that he had finally picked it up to read and was loving it.  Today I noticed on Facebook that it was Todd's birthday.  He usually helps out with kids' ministry on Tuesday nights at church so I caught him at church after he finished to give him Miller's "Through Painted Deserts" as a birthday gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment