Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, December 25, 2022

WONDERFUL

It's Christmas Eve and my family just finished one of our Christmas traditions - watching It's a Wonderful Life together. 

I bet I've seen that movie at least 20 times. Probably more.

Tonight Sarah said, "The older I get, the more I like that movie." 

I had just been thinking the same thing.

When I was younger, I probably related most to pre-angel-visit George Bailey - with his simmering frustration over life never quite unfolding the way he planned in his imagination.

These days I identify more closely with the wiser, more content George Bailey who has learned his lesson from his guardian angel, Clarence.

Life doesn't have to be wall to wall excitement and adventure to be "wonderful". 

Nor does it need to be devoid of sorrow, hardship, or conflict to be "wonderful".

Life can be "full of wonder" - no matter the circumstances - when you are focused on what you have been given rather than on what you lack.

Christmas should be a reminder that we lack nothing. God has given His Son. We have all we need.

And more.

Enough to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment