Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, December 7, 2022

RICHLY

In Colossians 3:16 the Apostle Paul instructs believers to "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God."

I found it curious that when I posted a link on Facebook the other day to what I wrote about under the heading "A Bible Study Practice to Recommend", it garnered all of 15 likes and one share. 

But about 50 people clicked on the link to see what I had written. Three or four left positive comments on Facebook. 

What explains the low number of likes? 

Maybe the timing was bad and most people didn't see it. 

That's possible. 

Perhaps people just didn't find what I wrote engaging or relevant. 

That's very possible.

But I have a theory that most believers are at least a bit ashamed about their track record with prayer and Bible study. Our lack of discipline makes it uncomfortable to talk about such practices.

It might even make us feel like a hypocrite if we "like" a post about the importance of personal Bible study. 

I am not trying to be judgmental here - I want to be part of the solution. 

I want to see American believers not only spending time in God's word, but letting that word "dwell in us richly". 

(Who knows ... maybe teaching and admonishing each other with wisdom could also become a reality.)  

No comments:

Post a Comment