Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, September 24, 2024

HOW I STAY CURRENT WHILE ALSO STAYING SANE

In a discussion on politics, I recently heard someone say, "I sure miss Rush Limbaugh."

Although I would certainly be curious to hear Rush's take on the current presidential campaign, I know that if he were still with us, I wouldn't be listening to his broadcast. 

Certainly not on a regular basis and likely not at all.

I use to be heavily into hearing various pundits' opinions on current events and politics, but I weaned myself from all of them - and have been much happier ever since.

These days the only pundit I listen to on a regular basis is Andrew Klavan, whom I consider a talented and wise author and a believer who recognizes the greater importance of culture and faith over the politics of the day. Klavan produces an hour-long video every Friday afternoon. 

I guess that means I am not as "well informed" as I used to be, but at least I have my sanity.

And although I don't trust ANY mainstream media reporting these days, I do stay familiar with the headline stories by reading The Pour Over, a coffee-themed current events newsletter with a Christian flavor. It is sent out 2 or 3 times a week, so it's not overwhelming. 

In my opinion, it gives a pretty balanced synopsis of major events. Plus, the editors provide links to other outlets if you want more details.  

I never do.

If you're interested in giving The Pour Over a trial run, you can subscribe HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment