Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, September 7, 2024

SEPTEMBER SATURDAY

Today was a good and pleasant day.

After a slow start to the day, Melissa and I met her mother at the farmer's market downtown. The sun was shining but the air was in the low 60s, an ideal September Saturday morning. 

We bought locally grown vegetables, drank coffee and ate a couple of outstanding street tacos. We caught up with a couple of local friends as well as our niece and her husband who always have a tent up to sell their homemade sourdough bread. 

I had a conversation with a woman who supports Mission Resource and she took the opportunity to thank me for one of my weekly newsletter article that had inspired her to begin praying the Lord's prayer on a daily basis. 

On our way home, Melissa and I were craving more tacos and I suggested a little restaurant around the corner from our house that neither of us had ever visited - and we discovered some of the best tacos we'd ever had were being produced right there in our neighborhood. 

In the afternoon, Melissa worked on canning some homemade salsa. I did some work on my sermon and smoked a couple of pork loins. 

In the evening, I delivered one of those loins - along with green beans, roasted potatoes, watermelon, and chocolate chip cookies - to the family of a lady in our church who recently had some major surgery. (And she was very grateful for Melissa's cooking.)

Afterwards I took a sharp young high school student to the local pizza place in order to talk about his upcoming baptism.

Once I was back home, to end the day, Melissa and I enjoyed watching a half hour show together online while I enjoyed some ice cream.

Outside of winning the lottery, I'm not sure how the day could have been better. We are blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment