Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, September 15, 2024

ONE BOOK

"The early church had nothing but the Old Testament. The New Testament lies hidden in the Old; the Old Testament lies open in the New." - Randall Terry

I am slowly gaining a new appreciation for - and even a fascination with - the Old Testament. If this had happened before I started seminary, maybe I would have pursued a study of Hebrew. 

It's a little embarrassing for this paradigm shift to hit me so late in life and after being in ministry all these years.

My oldest brother, Ryan, told me today that his pastor often says something like, "There's one page in your Bible that you ought to tear out - it's the page between the Old Testament and the New."

I like that. 

After all these years I am starting to see the Bible as ONE book.  

No comments:

Post a Comment