Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, July 24, 2024

I KNOW A GUY ... OR A GAL

A little different sort of post here this evening, because I love telling people about an organization I am a part of called BNI. I have learned so much and have made some great new friends along the way...

Fixing the Hole Where the Rain Comes In

Last week I had an urgent need to get a hole in my roof fixed before a scheduled appointment with a house appraiser.

I considered attempting the repair myself … and then came to my senses.

Now normally I procrastinate on calling in the professionals on such projects because I don’t know who to call. How do you find someone you can trust to do the work well and charge you a reasonable price, you know?  

But this time? Well, I knew a guy.

Randy.

And Randy isn’t just a roofer. I consider him a friend.

We met through BNI.

What is BNI?

At 7:00 every Tuesday morning for the past year, I have driven to the Moose Lodge in downtown Columbus, taken the elevator to the basement, and then spent the next hour and fifteen minutes with about 20 or so businessmen and women. Strangers a year ago, I now consider these folks my friends.

Business Network International is an organization meant to foster trust and referrals between businesspeople. Meetings are structured to maximize relationships and communication. I am there to represent Mission Resource. 

Each week members get the opportunity to share a 30-second “commercial” describing some aspect of their business or a particular type of customer they are looking for. And each week one member gets a full 10 minutes in the spotlight to share about their business in greater depth.

Throughout the week members are expected to get together for one-to-one meetings, continue business networking education, and pass referrals.

I can honestly say, as I have gotten to know my fellow members, I would gladly and confidently recommend any of their businesses.

I Know a Guy … or a Gal

In my chapter we have a variety of professions represented.

So if you live around the Columbus, Indiana area and find yourself in need of a banker, an insurance agent, a realtor, a chiropractor, a roofer, an electrician, an investor, a graphic designer/printer, a florist, a CPA, an office cleaner, a payroll service provider, a window blinds installer, a radio advertiser, or someone who deals in promotional products, give me a call.

I can point you towards someone who is competent and trustworthy.

Randy needed several hours to replace a small section of decking and all the necessary shingles but only charged me $250 for supplies and labor.

I’m a tightwad, but even I thought that was a good deal! I will be calling Randy again in the future.

And I will gladly pass his number to you after the next hailstorm or anytime you need a free estimate on roof or siding work!


P.S. Come See for Yourself

If you are a business owner in the Columbus area whose enterprise might benefit from referrals, I would love to personally introduce you to my BNI chapter. Visitors are always welcome at our meetings. Give me a call and we will set something up.


No comments:

Post a Comment