Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, July 13, 2024

INCH FROM CHAOS

Imagine the chaos which was nearly unleashed on this country (and the world) this evening. If that bullet had been an inch to the right, our timeline would have taken a sharp turn into instability and the unknown, for all of us - Republicans, Democrats and Independents alike.

Tonight I am thanking God that the shooter failed in his mission and praying for the families of those who died. 

What needs to happen is a swift and permanent cooling of the rhetoric on both sides, but I fear this will only inflame it instead. 

The major sentiment I see on X so far from those on the right is that this will cement Trump's re-election. 

Among those who lean left on X, I am seeing the word "staged" trending. And a few saying, in effect, "he brought it on himself". 

I doubt this is going to bring much introspection!

No comments:

Post a Comment