Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, April 25, 2021

THE BEST AND THE WORST

Yesterday I mentioned a couple of pastors I had worked for in the past who (sadly) acted in rather despicable ways.

Fortunately, I was also blessed to work with some downright incredible pastors. These were godly men and women who taught me so much. 

From early in my youth ministry career I noticed a peculiar thing:

Even the very worst pastor has at least a small group of followers who think he is absolutely wonderful, and he can count on their undying support.

And ...

Even the very best pastor has at least a small group of critics who think he is absolutely horrible, and he can count on their never-ending opposition. 

When I left youth ministry, I realized that what is true for pastors holds true for leaders in general in both secular and faith-based settings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment