Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

BIRTHDAY GIFTS

Today was number 53 for me. 

I'm never too thrilled about birthdays, but I decided to use this one as an opportunity to focus on all the gifts I have received from the Lord and the people He has surrounded me with.

Here's a sample:

Gift 1: I have a student with whom I have recently locked horns with in class a few times - resulting even in some detention time. First thing this morning she gave me the biggest laugh of the day when she handed me a gift bag with this inside:

That's a pretty gutsy move! Hilarious. 


Gift 2: My family got me a new camera. It even has a built in phone.

I had gotten a new phone just last summer but it has been such a disappointment. The camera on it really only functioned well in bright sunlight when the subject held perfectly still. But I hesitated to replace that lame piece of tech so quickly because that seemed so indulgent. But, thankfully, birthdays are made for indulgence!

You might be seeing more Instagram posts from me again now ...


Gift 3: Time with old friends.

Bob and Jill were back in Indiana for a family wedding and Melissa and I were thrilled that they worked an evening with us into their schedule. And bonus points for the timing.

They are always such an encouragement to us and tonight was no different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment