Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, April 26, 2021

APPLAUDED OR DESPISED?

A few days ago I came across two tweets that seemed to be pointing to a similar and unpopular truth.

The first one I can quote here verbatim:

"When people imagine taking a courageous moral stand, they picture people praising and applauding them. But that's not courageous. When you actually take a courageous stand, people will despise and traduce you." Bo Winegard @EPoe187 on Twitter

The second one was a pastor singing the praises of his wife on their anniversary. In effect, he complimented her on the fact that she had stuck with him even though when they first met he had warned her that he was going to be a pastor and so a lot of people were going to hate him. 

That's funny because I have never thought of someone going into Christian ministry assuming that they would be hated and reviled for it. 

But why not?

Jesus said, "You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved." (Matthew 10:22)

For many years I could not imagine how this could possibly be so, but I think I am starting to understand it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment