Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, April 16, 2021

CLARIFYING

It's funny. I have been writing every day now since the start of 2021 - three and a half months. When I began, I thought I would likely run short on topics by the end of January, but now at April 16th, I feel like I am just getting started. 

One of the people I can count on to read this blog on a regular basis is my wife, Melissa. She says she reads it to find out what I am thinking.

I'm a pretty private person - a true introvert - and I spend a lot of time inside my own head. Over the past year, the furniture there has all been rearranged and it's very disconcerting. Writing out my thoughts has been tremendously helpful to me. 

The greatest benefit has been clarity. Writing forces me to clarify what I am thinking and feeling - primarily to myself and secondarily to others, like Melissa. 

So I guess, in a sense, my primary audience at the moment is ... me.

If it is acceptable to "talk to yourself", couldn't it also be a thing to "write to yourself"?

No comments:

Post a Comment