Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, April 10, 2021

I MISS TEACHING

Lately I've become aware that I miss teaching. 

I mean, I miss teaching the stuff that really matters. The stuff that at least has the potential for being life-changing. 

In my current classes I focus on critical thinking and reading comprehension and writing skills. All important for life and career - nobody has to convince me of that. 

But, ultimately, so what if we grow better able to read and comprehend if we don't get to practice with the most important Book of all time?

I remember hearing someone once say about typical American conversations, "We spend the most time talking about the things that matter the least." 

In my public school classroom I'd say, "We spend the most time talking about things that matter a lot ... but no time talking about the things that matter the most."

And that's getting to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment