Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, April 29, 2021

BUILT UP

Ephesians 4:29 - "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."

Every once in a while I am reminded of the incredible power of words for building others up.

This afternoon I was walking alongside one of my 8th grade students in the hallway and she took the opportunity to say this:

"Do you think you would ever be interested in teaching another class? I don't mean to put pressure on you or anything, but would you?"

I asked her what she meant and she replied with the utmost sincerity, "Well, I just feel like it's a shame we only had you as a teacher for one semester - I feel like I have so much more I could learn from you." 

I didn't know how much I needed to hear something like that.

Those words didn't just make my day - they are going to be enough to carry me to May 27th. 

And they almost made me forget that just the period before some anonymous student had found opportunity to sneak a wad of wet paper towel into my pants pocket on his way out of the classroom ...

No comments:

Post a Comment