Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Day 93 - Outdated Technology ... Camera and Disks (Throw)

Home from school for the day with Ida (Age 7) who was running a fever.  Melissa stayed with him yesterday.

I took a little time to clean out the hall closet.  There's mostly winter clothing in there, but also an assortment of cameras and camera equipment.  I found some old computer disks  -  considered keeping them, but where would I even find a computer that could read them?  So I concluded that if I have lived without them for the past ten years or so, I can live without them permanently. 

I found some extra camera equipment - lenses and such - that should be worth something if I can find the right market, but I also found this particular camera which was called an "Izone".  In effect, it spit out miniature Polaroid pictures.  It still had a couple of pics left, so I pointed it at a kid or two and waited to see what would happen.  Nothing.  Just a tiny black square.  I think I got the thing around ten years ago.  I doubt that they even make the specialized film for it anymore. 

Before I threw it away, I briefly recycled it as a toy for The Princess (Age 4).  She was so cute with it - "taking pictures".  Furthermore, it really drove home how quickly technology changes - she would "take my picture" and then say, "Want to see it?" and turn the camera around to the back side where, in her young mind, a camera should have a display screen!

The highlight of my camera sorting was finding my old pre-digital camera with an unfinished roll of pictures in it!  I finished off the last couple of pics with Dats and The Drama Queen once they got home from school.  It's at Walgreens right now getting developed.  Could be trash ... or treasure.  I'm in great suspense!

No comments:

Post a Comment