Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 101 - Exercise Weights (Sell)


I think I have changed the "comments" setting on this blog to make it easier for folks to leave a message now without going through the hassle of signing in and all. Let me know if I was successful! I would love to hear some feedback now and then - hopefully now it will be quicker and simpler for anyone to talk back to me.

Today I am moving a set of weights to the Sell box for the garage sale. Melissa and I have done a good job over the last decade of spending money on exercise equipment to place in the corners of the bedroom or underneath the bed.

I used to have this theory that, being such a tightwad, if I spent money on something, I would follow through and use it - just to get my money's worth out of it. (I once spent $200 on a guitar under this delusion. My seminary roommate tried to teach me how to play but I gave up before learning my fourth chord!) This includes gym memberships at various times.

The funny thing is that at 42, I am probably in the best physical shape of my life. (Which is not that amazing of an accomplishment if you spend the first four decades or so as a couch potato!) But the way I keep fit these days is as free as exercise gets - about 80 to 90 push ups every morning, some sit ups, and regular running ...

... at least when the weather is nice. I've got my winter ten pounds that will hopefully be history as spring returns. I can't wait.

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come." - I Timothy 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment