Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, February 28, 2011

Day 108 - Comic Strips (Throw) and Update on Time-share

At the bottom of my box of letters, I discovered a stack (at least 50 or 60) of comic strips I had cut out of Sunday newspapers over the years. Most of them are not nearly as amusing to 42-year-old-Steve as they were to teenage-Steve. In fact, I can't figure out why I would have gone to the effort of cutting and saving most of them.

But, about 20 or so were Calvin and Hobbes strips and I passed those to Dats (age 9) before tossing them in the recycling. He giggled all the way through them. It's such a joy to listen to from a distance!

After making fun of the time-share salesman yesterday, I have to report a development that has shocked me greatly. Apparently we had a call out of the blue a few weeks ago from some company that deals in selling and renting time-shares. They had left a voice message and Melissa had saved it. Today she replayed it and eventually made contact with the company...

And according to the company, we could sell our existing time-share (which we bought for $9,000 about 8 years ago) for $16,000 today! My gut instinct is that it's too good to be true. But if it is true, that time-share is the best investment I've made in my lifetime. And $16,000 would put a decent dent in the debt we need to pay off!

Can I request your prayers that we would be wise in figuring out just how to go about cashing in the time-share? Thanks!

It's funny. When I was thinking yesterday that the best case scenario would be that I might be able to get some decent fraction of what we paid for it out of it today, I was raring to sell it. And now that I know it is (possibly!) worth twice what we paid for it, I feel hesitant! Why is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment