Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Day 92 - "Queen" Glass (Sell)

It's early February and the weatherman is calling for high temps in the mid-40s in the next few days and that gives me the first tingles of Spring Fever.  I hate winter with an unholy passion.  I hate putting on a coat.  I hate being trapped inside.  I hate the cloud cover.  I hate shoveling snow.  I hate the barenness of trees.  I hate the brown grass.  I hate the noise the furnace makes.  I hate not being able to strap on my running shoes and head out the door for a run. (Because I'm not one of those nuts who jogs in sub-freezing weather!)

So I might be jumping the gun a bit, but there it is - Spring Fever.  The advent of Spring usually brings an anxiousness to get out and run or do some yardwork, but this year there's something new.  Something I've never ever experienced at any time of year before:  the desire to hold a garage sale!

Usually, I hate garage sales with an unholy passion ... so this is confusing me.  But I grabbed a gray plastic tub tonight and marked it "Moving Sale" and I've started to fill it.  I plan to fill it with things to Sell over the next few weeks and, at the first sign of a warm weekend, I'm going to have a Garage Sale!  WooHoo!

And I must confess ... the first thing I put in my gray tub is the oil dispenser from Day 75.  It was in a box bound for Goodwill that got trapped in limbo in the back of our minivan.  I figure someone will give me a couple of bucks for it.  And if they don't, THEN Goodwill can have it.  Is that selfish? 

But the second thing I put in there was this wine glass with the word "Queen" and various crown shapes on it.  Sorry, cousin Angie - I remember that this was a gift from you to Melissa...

 It is not destined to become a family heirloom, but maybe it can get us a few dollars closer to Haiti.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. I love that glass. I'll give you the few dollars for it :) Keep it out of the sale STEVE!

    ReplyDelete