Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Day 50 - Devotional Books (Give)

"Laughter for a Woman's Soul" and "Through the Night with God".  I wrapped these with a little bow and took them to Rose Ellen's house while I ran a couple of other late evening errands (including finally getting some Christmas letters into the mail!).  I also took one of the Christmas letters, so she was the first to actually get one in hand.  I spent all day on those letters, so it was good to see them go. 

I didn't know Rose Ellen before the mission trip to Haiti in October (and I had never been to her house before).  She went to Haiti in order to cross "mission trip" off her "bucket list".  I think it's safe to say that God surprised her with so much more on that trip than she bargained for!  And the funny thing is, it seems the ripples from that trip have continued to grow in her life rather than diminish.  Only time will tell the ultimate impact of that week in Haiti for Rose Ellen.

I would have just left the books and envelope on her porch since it was already 9:30 PM, but since I had never been there, I wanted to make sure I had the right house.  Besides, there's still snow everywhere and her front step is not covered.  So I got to see her kitchen project.  She has cleaned out her kitchen in preparation for painting.  I think I might be able to help her out with a new light fixture and some aid in getting a bit more storage space built into her kitchen beside her stove.  She's a single mom and I imagine it is tough sometimes to get everything done around the house AND take care of the kids.  And nobody needs a kitchen project to take longer than necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment