Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 27 - Lamp (Give)

My wife's cousin, Angie, came by the house today to lend a (much appreciated) hand with all the work there is to be done.  Ida (age 7) has had some weird illness this week - with a high fever, loss of appetite, tiredness and sore throat but, thankfully, no puking - so we've had to make arrangements for care this week since he wasn't able to attend school since Tuesday.  Grandma Trudy watched him two separate days, I stayed with him on Wednesday, and Melissa stayed with him today.  I got a good start on our bathroom project when I spent Wednesday at home and Melissa has been working at finishing it up.  One of the walls needed patching, the tub needed caulking and the whole thing needed new paint.

So Angie came over to help this afternoon.  She's always been very supportive, but even more so since we started talking about moving to Haiti.  In fact, I had had hopes she would be a part of our team for the October trip, but it wasn't meant to be.  She did drive the team to the airport, though - we just couldn't get her on the plane!  Apparently her husband, Phillip, stopped by our house at some point today, too, and offered to work on reroofing our garage for us if we would buy the materials!  (Their teenage sons got volunteered to help, too.)  That's just incredible because it has to be done and left to my own devices, I wouldn't know the first thing about where to start (besides ripping the old roof off the rafters, I mean).  Melissa said Phillip's offer just about made her cry.

I guess in the course of conversation as they worked around the house after lunch, Angie mentioned that she has been looking for a new lamp for an office space, so Melissa offered up a brand new lamp that I had put aside for a stained glass project (which was fine by me!).  She just needs to get a shade for it.  They even made sure they got a picture, so Angie could appear in my blog!  So here's a great big "Thank You!" and a shout out to Angie (and Phillip (and sons)!).  The lamp is nothing compared to all you've given us over the years.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I'm so excited to be in your blog :) Yay. And thank you for the lamp. I can't wait to put it in its place. And it is my honor to serve you and your family :) I hope to see you tomorrow at 4. Seth is having a birthday bash after church so I'm not sure if I can get away from here with 10 teenagers in my house. That would definitely be frightful.

    ReplyDelete