Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Day 25 - "The Bourne Identity" and a Clay Dinosaur (Give)

We had a meeting tonight at church - and by "we" I mean the folks who went to Haiti in October.  Three were missing: Steve is off hunting, Wayne winters in Florida, and nobody was quite sure where Rose Ellen was.  But five of us got together to plan our gathering this coming Sunday, December 5.  We are inviting folks to come hear about the trip (it's 4 to 5:30 at the church).

Anyway, I took the opportunity to take along a couple of items to give to Beka.  She mentioned last Sunday that she thought the Bourne movies were good, so I gave her the book.  I read the book recently and only then saw the first movie.  Loved the book.  Hated the movie!  It is nowhere near as good as the book, but the time constraints of the big screen preclude the possibility of capturing the full story, so I don't know what I was expecting.  Plus, I thought the final shoot out where Matt Damon falls several stories down a stairwell while riding a body and shooting at other bad guys as they climb the steps just completely jumped the shark.

Anyway, Beka had stopped at our house briefly last Sunday and had asked if I had any examples of my artwork around.  There's really nothing here but some of my stained glass pieces, so when I came across the clay dinosaur, I thought I'd give it to her.  I told her tonight that she has to pray for me and my family whenever she looks at it.  She decided to name it Walter.

No comments:

Post a Comment