Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 35 - Bill Cosby Tape (Give) and Day 36 - Goodwill Trip

I'm a day behind in writing and a head cold is dragging me down, so I'm getting caught up and then heading for bed.  Not much to report for Day 36 ... Melissa put together a couple of boxes of donations for Goodwill today, mostly Christmas decorations.  We've got more than enough decorations around the house and it's good to get a few to Goodwill with a couple of weeks yet before Christmas. 

Yesterday (Day 35) my Give was next to nothing, but it still counts.  My family and I went to watch a play in Shelbyville.  My younger brother, Russ, was assistant director and my soon-to-be niece was on stage.  Afterwards we all went out for pizza - my family, Russ, his fiancee, Alecia, her kids, my mom and several other family members.  Russell even picked up the tab!

Which made me feel a bit bad about giving the Bill Cosby tape to Alecia.  You see, she's still in the stage of the relationship where she's fascinated by embarassing stories about Russ.  So I gave her one.  On this old Cosby cassette tape was a little known bit he did years ago about a giant chicken heart (?!) which "is coming to get you."  When we were kids, my oldest brother, Ryan, used to do his own rendition of the giant chicken heart story and Russ would jump into bed and duck under his blankets in fear.  Russ was also convinced (by someone) that every police siren meant the cops were coming after HIM, that little boys were served up for Thanksgiving dinner when they turned six (or whatever his next birthday was at the time), and that his fingers might be harvested and turned into hotdogs at any time.

I told Alecia to play the Cosby tape for Russ sometime but to be prepared for him to wet his pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment