Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, August 21, 2024

AI IMAGES RUIN EVERYTHING

This is why I hate AI images so much.

I see a screensaver show up on my computer screen like this ...


... and I don't know whether to be in awe of the beauty of God's creation or disgusted by a computer's manufactured patterning of pixels in imitation of God's creativity. 

Was this image the result of a lone photographer hiking up a hillside at the perfect time of day and stumbling across this scene with soul in rapture and grateful to have a camera to capture the moment? 

Or did someone type "lone tree on top of windswept hill under dramatic clouds" into the prompt box on their browser?

And in this way, AI images do violence to real photos.

But maybe something good will come from AI images. 

Maybe in the end AI will inspire me to track down and photograph my own moments of wonder and beauty, just so I have some images I know are genuine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment