Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, July 14, 2022

TUNING OUT

Are you among those consuming less "news" in 2022?

Axios published this headline recently: "News engagement plummets as Americans tune out".

Those are some serious drops in a year's time - fewer eyes on both internet and cable! Online interactions cut in half. 

Axios concludes: "Survey data shows Americans have grown weary amid what feels like a never-ending cycle of bad news."

I don't know, though. Haven't the lead stories always been "the sky is falling"?

For me, it is not weariness about bad news. I have tuned out more and more because I have concluded so much of the "news" is fictional. 

Call it "fake news" or "propaganda" if you like. What it boils down to is this: Most news articles now leave me with more questions than answers. And "fact checkers" don't help.

Most times, I don't feel any better informed by reading the articles than by perusing the headlines. 

How about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment