Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, April 1, 2022

KNOCK-OFFS

Just like there are knock-off Rolexes, I suppose there are "knock-off Christians".

The two knock-offs are similar in certain ways:

  • A knock-off only resembles the real deal on the surface. At quick glance the knock-off seems genuine, but closer inspection reveals the lie.
  • The knock-off was made much more cheaply, and it will fall sooner rather than later.
  • In both cases, knock-offs are, sadly, more plentiful.

There is one major difference, though, between knock-off Christians and knock-off Rolexes. 

Nobody has ever said, "I've seen quite a few Rolexes in my day. Those are the crummiest watches I have ever seen. Pure junk. Everyone talks about how expensive they are, but I know you can get one for 20 bucks on a street corner downtown. I have no idea how they ever became a status symbol." 

Somehow, Rolexes have avoided being judged on the basis of the cheap knock-offs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment