Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, April 18, 2022

LEARNING

"Learning is so much fun. So enjoyable."

My students always protested whenever I said something like this. They would shoot back, "Are you serious? I hate school!"

A handful seemed to grasp my reply: "I didn't say school. I said learning. There's a huge difference."

Sometimes I would use this example to clarify: "Take your favorite video game. The first time you sat down with it, you had no idea what to do. But you learned. And that learning was so much fun that it didn't even strike you as learning. Now you keep coming back, drawn by the prospect of learning something new."

I am truly enjoying life right now and the fun of learning is a big part of that.

I am learning about writing. About psychology. About John Wesley, Mission Resource, and business as ministry. Self-discipline and habits. Even fertilizer.

I even feel like I am more attentive to what I can learn about my wife and kids.

Most importantly, I am continuing to learn about Faith. For the first time in my life, I can honestly say I am truly excited to open my Bible each morning. 

There's so much to take in.

I don't remember the last time I felt bored. 

No comments:

Post a Comment