Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, April 29, 2022

SPRING BANQUET

A few bleary-eyed reflections on an eventful evening after a long day... 

Our Mission Resource Spring Banquet was tonight. There is so much I could say about it, but I have so little energy and focus to say it.

It is now after midnight because ... after all the festivities, I had to spend some time catching up with my friend Tim Price.

He came all the way from St. Louis area to provide our music tonight and brought along his daughter Ruby. Both are incredibly talented. (I gladly take credit for being the one to not only incorporate some worship time into our evening but to invite Tim to lead it.)


Scott Laskowski gave the keynote address, an impressive presentation. Who would have guessed we would be focusing on fertilizer for the evening. And its connection to missions. I am still getting to know Scott, but I can tell you he is a fascinating guy. 


Here's the guy who has given me the opportunity to continue life as a missionary: Dave Ketchum. He's got such a heart for the poor and oppressed. The more I get to know him, the more I admire him.


We had a good crowd despite a good number of last minute cancelations. 


A group of awesome people. My only real regret for the evening was that I couldn't just sit and enjoy a relaxed dinner with these folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment