Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, April 14, 2022

BIRTHDAY BREAK

Today was my 54th birthday. It makes a convenient excuse to break from the topic of hell and move on. 

Tomorrow is a new day and a new year of life. And all that jazz.

I have long passed the age where birthdays are something to look forward to, but today was a pretty good one.

It started with Bible study and running the dogs one mile each. (No record times, but I got the exercise.) 

I got a little work in before a lunch date with my beautiful wife.

Then a little more work and ... the day being both rainy and my birthday ... I couldn't resist a short afternoon nap.

(There are few thing we old people enjoy more than an afternoon nap.)

In the evening, Melissa and Sarah and I went to the Thai restaurant downtown. We were halfway through our crab rangoon appetizers when in walked Hannah - home for Easter several days earlier than I expected. A most pleasant surprise for me!

Since twenty years ago Hannah and I missed sharing a birthday together by two hours (she was born at 10 pm on April 12th just before I turned 34 at midnight), Melissa got us some cupcakes to celebrate both birthdays once we returned home.


(Twenty years!?)

Then we had a quiet evening watching a movie together as two-thirds of a family. 

Blissful! 

A good way to cap another year of life. God is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment