Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, March 25, 2022

THANKSGIVING VS. PRAISE

Praise and thanksgiving are quite different.

I find that gratitude is a fairly common and natural part of my prayer life. 

But pure praise? There's an imbalance that I should rectify.

I want to increase the amount of praise in my prayer time because I have come to the conclusion that praise is even greater than thanksgiving.

Gratitude is about our personal experience of God:

"Thank you, Lord, for helping me do well in my job interview."
"Thank you, Father, for healing my grandma."
"Thank you, Jesus, for the food in front of us."

Praise is bigger. Because praise is about God's character overall and not just how he relates to me.

"I praise you, Lord, that you are the Great Physician."
"I exalt you, Father, for your great power and unconditional love."
"I magnify your name, God, because you are King of Kings and Lord of Lords."

In any particular moment, we might not feel like we experiencing God's provision, healing, or guidance, but we can still praise Him for being the Provider, Healer, or Guide.

Because it is who He is, in every moment.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment