Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, March 7, 2022

FREE THE INMATES

In his book How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big, Scott Adams describes a medical issue he had in the early 2000's. It caused him to lose his voice entirely. 

Eventually he was diagnosed with a rare condition called spasmodic dysphonia. 

For two years he was silent. He was told there was no cure. 

These days he spends nearly an hour speaking solo on his podcast each day. Literally 7 days a week. 

His attitude about what he was going to do with his healing is what caught my eye:

"I decided that after I cured myself, somehow, some way, I would spread the word to others. I wouldn't be satisfied simply escaping from my prison of silence; I was planning to escape, free the other inmates, shoot the warden, and burn down the prison." (p.83)

Now as believers we don't "cure ourselves", but imagine if each individual set free from the curse of sin and death would take the same attitude! 

Free the other inmates! Burn down the prison!


No comments:

Post a Comment