Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, March 22, 2022

ROUGH AND FINAL

This week I am experimenting with my blog writing. 

Instead of only writing late at night, I am quickly typing a rough draft of an idea in the morning and then returning to revise in the evening. 

It shows promise for improving my writing here. And it has opened my eyes to the reality that writing a first draft and writing a final draft of anything are two completely different animals. 

Both animals are necessary. But it's best to put some distance between them.

I should already know this reality - I have taught it many times over the years. But I am a slow learner. 

Even so, when something I have "known" for years finally sinks in to some fundamental level in my soul, I get excited. 

Bad writing has to come before good writing. I am excited. This is finally getting ingrained in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment