Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, March 19, 2022

STUDYING WESLEY

Amazon brought me some of the books for my second semester classes. It looks like I will be a John Wesley expert soon.


I am (mostly) looking forward to it. I imagine one can learn many useful things from a deep dive on John Wesley's life and his approach to ministry and theology.

I got my M. Div. from Asbury Theological Seminary years ago and talk about Wesley was prominent there, of course. But at the time I was narrowly focused on youth ministry. I may not have paid as close attention to the man as he deserves. 

I know he was smart and sincere about his faith. I know he was methodical about spiritual discipline. Also, he faced a whole lot of conflict in his lifetime, but it never caused him to back down from the work of building the Kingdom that he felt God had called him to.

I am curious to see where my opinion of Wesley and what he accomplished in his lifetime will stand a few months from now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment