Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, March 6, 2022

1,000

My first post on this blog was written on November 7th, 2010.

It was a few weeks after I returned from my first trip to Haiti. Melissa and I were feeling the call to move our family there. I wasn't sure what to do next, but I knew I needed to lighten the load. I had to get rid of some stuff.

So I decided that each day I was going to find something around the house to either give away, throw away, or sell. And I would document it on a daily basis. 

It made for an interesting ongoing experience (for me, anyway) and resulted in the daily documentation of all sorts of weird possessions that I was ready (usually) to part with. 

Anyway, that's where I started. It's been a wild 11.5 years. 

Today, Blogspot tells me that this is my thousandth post.

I am celebrating by drinking 30 milliliters of Nyquil and going to bed. 


And tomorrow I will write #1,001.  



No comments:

Post a Comment