Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, February 26, 2022

PAY IT FORWARD

I've heard other people talk about it but this morning was the first time I experienced it for myself: Some stranger in line in front of me paid for my Starbucks order.

It was an unusual Saturday morning in that Melissa was scheduled to help out with a church program. She planned to stop at Starbucks on her way to get a special treat of caffeine to help her through.

When she started running behind schedule, I offered to be the considerate husband who would sit in the drive thru line to get her drink so she could still get to church on time.

Imagine my joy when I pulled up to the second window and the barista handed me my wife's Decaf Mocha Latte with Oatmilk and 1 Stevia - but then refused to take my card.

"The car in front of you paid for your order," she chirped.

I've heard how these chains of generosity can go on all morning as each driver pays for the order of the car to follow. What a beautiful world of generosity and selflessness! So blessed to receive and to give! 

A reminder of the brotherhood of man on a morning when the world was watching man's inhumanity to man unfold along the borders of Ukraine.

So I said, "Well, I guess I should pay for the car behind me. How much is their order?"

"$12.67." 

Sorry. 

No way I am paying that much for coffee. 


No comments:

Post a Comment