Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, February 12, 2022

CONVICTION

I knew there was danger in increasing the time and attention I was giving to Scripture.

I knew it might alter my perceptions of reality. (Which can be a little scary, but nothing I can't handle.)

And I knew it might convict me. On multiple levels.

(Because that is one of the Bible's main jobs.)

And I hate to admit it to myself - much less to you - but I knew one of the things I would eventually be convicted on was my prayer life.

This has been a long time coming.

My prayer practice has ebbed and flowed over my entire life, but it has never, ever been stellar. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe I am finally ready.

And so I am open to hearing from you - What practices have you found useful in drawing you deeper into prayer?



No comments:

Post a Comment