Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Days 158 and 159 - More T-Shirts (Give)

I'm taking the easy way out for a couple of days - just grabbing a few pieces of clothing each day to add to the pile going to the Ginormous Clothing Drive at our church.

I record some of them here more for my benefit and interest than yours!  Somehow, it seems easier to part with them when I have at least a photograph to remember...

(I know it's goofy!)


Ah, Ichthus!!  What can I say.  So many great memories of this
Christian music festival.  My friends and I, under the name FishForce,
led a teaching tent for several years in the late 90s.  Among other
things, Ichthus is where I proposed to Melissa!

Tye-dye never goes out of fashion!

A great youth conference organized every few years
by the Free Methodist Church.


This turned out to be the last mission trip I led as a youth pastor.
It was an excellent trip.  Much accomplished - not only in Mexico,
but within the group.
I grew up going to South Dakota for vacations
since that is where my Dad origninated.  LOVE South Dakota.
So I took Melissa and Dats (age 2 at the time) and
 the Drama Queen (age 1) out to SD to show them around.
Turned out to be one of the LEAST relaxing vacations in
all of recorded history.  But Melissa got matching shirts for
Dats and me.  Dats long ago outgrew his.  Time marches on.
Someone gave me this shirt long ago
based on the fact that I do a pretty mean
Bullwinkle impression!
"Hey, Rocky!  Watch me pull a rabbit
outta this hat!"
I think I got this shirt on our honeymoon (nearly 11 years ago now!)
in the Smoky Mountains.  I always loved this motto.  In fact,
maybe I will modify this and design a T-Shirt for our upcoming
venture to Haiti!  Incidentally,  a few years after I bought this shirt, Dats
rolled off his Grandma's couch and broke his arm...

No comments:

Post a Comment