Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 155 - Scratchboard and Straight Edges (Give) and Vehicle Update

These are some art supplies I found mixed in with my water-damaged artwork from a few weeks back.  I set them aside to give them to the art teacher at school.  I've never seen her use scratchboard before, but it's expensive stuff, so maybe she'll be happy to have some donated.

If you're not familiar with scratchboard, I should explain.  It is a sheet of paper about the weight of posterboard which is coated with a layer of fine chalk and then overlaid with black ink.  So a picture is created by scratching away the black ink.  Therefore, you are cleaning away everything that you don't want to keep in your picture.  It's a good activity for art class since it is the opposite of pen and ink work.  It really makes the artist think about negative space.

By the way, we spent yesterday evening attaining a new vehicle for me to drive back and forth to school.  I think we got a good deal ... but only time will tell!  I'll have to tell you some other time how we got our hands on $2,700 in cash on a Saturday evening while out of town.  I'm too tired tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment