Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 156 - Sentimental T-Shirts (Give)

I found these t-shirts in a box of "keepsakes" some months ago and I put them aside because they do have sentimental value and I wanted to figure out a way to keep them.  But now there's this ginormous clothing drive happening at our church and they are sending the clothes to Kosovo and Honduras. 

I've decided that much better than these shirts rotting in some box for years in my own possession would be imagining them on the backs of some brothers in Kosovo or Honduras!  These shirts will get to see the world!  And they'll have a real purpose again.

The first one is a t-shirt I designed for my good friend, Tim Price, back when we were in seminary.  He had just written a bunch of original songs and then recorded them on a CD called "Come to Know":
The front pocket logo.
The back of the shirt.
These other two shirts were designed by friend named Aaron.  Have you ever known a TRULY unique individual?  The sort who deserves to have a book written about him or her?  That's Aaron.  (As a matter of fact, he DOES appear in a book ... called "Beyond Fear" - the story of Aaron and his friend, Joel, crossing Papua New Guinea without use of a motor when Aaron was just 19 years old!  They budgeted one month's time for their adventure ... and it took 100 days!  And along the way, they cheated Death about 4 or 5 times each.)

Anyway, for security sake, I probably shouldn't go into the details of how and where I met and worked with Aaron, but I can tell you these t-shirts were designed by him some time ago to be wearable by believers in a part of the world where outward expressions of Christianity are, shall we say, severely frowned upon...



I get a real kick out of the thought of these shirts, with their covert Christian imagery, making the rounds of Kosovo or Honduras a few months from now.  Bon Voyage!

No comments:

Post a Comment