Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 149 - Moldy Pillows (Throw)

I stopped by the mechanic's place last night and said my final farewells to THAT CAR.  I had to clean out some stuff before I have it towed away somewhere.  I am hoping to get a couple hundred dollars out of it when I do - and maybe when I add that to the tax refund, I'll be able to afford something that will last at least a year or two without any major repair costs.  It makes me nervous to commit - especially since the last time I did not choose wisely.  (What was I thinking when I bought an older model foreign car?  Prices for parts and labor on that thing were outrageous!)

My clean-out included the trunk - where I did not tend to venture too often.  There I found a couple of old throw pillows that had been moved into the car a couple of years ago when the power seats quit moving.  Melissa found it nearly impossible to drive the thing with the driver's seat all the way back, stuck in the position that I prefered for my 6'3" frame.  She'd stuff these pillows (that came as freebies with the sectional we bought for the basement and she never liked anyway) behind her back and still have to stretch to reach the gas and brake.  She tried that a few times and then gave up, refusing to ever drive that car again.

I found the pillows in the trunk all moldy and unusable - the trunk was ONE of the places where the rain water tended to collect - so I decided to Throw them instead of spending the time and energy to clean them up and truck them to Goodwill. 

Like I said - they'd been in the trunk a couple of years.  Rather gross. 

Even Goodwill has standards.

No comments:

Post a Comment