Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, June 28, 2021

TOILET REPAIR LESSONS

Today felt like the first real day of my summer break since I have just recovered from a two week sinus infection and my mini-job of monitoring summer school ended last Friday. 

So I was read to tackle a couple of items on my to-do list.

I watched a YouTube video on fixing a leak around the base of a toilet. I needed to fix the leaky toilet in the basement before I can get to Melissa's top priority on my list: Patching the tiling in the downstairs bathroom. 

The YouTube Guy said that a plumber would charge me $250 to $350 for this job, but I could do it myself for about 20 bucks in supplies and ONLY 20 MINUTES OF MY TIME.

As I finished reattaching the toilet around 10 pm, I can now assure you that the YouTube Guy was full of crap.



What I learned on YouTube and what I learned over the proceeding ten hours (off and on) was vastly different. One was lecture and one was hands-on. 

The lecture part was easy and I learned theory. 

The hands-on part was gross and smelly but I learned reality.

So ... at least I learned quite a bit today.


(At the end of the day I am TENTATIVELY declaring victory over the leak. It is "tentative" because I know how these things go. I need a few days to confirm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment