Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Thursday, June 3, 2021

NEW JERSEY TRIP

 I was tempted to skip out on this trip. First, because I've been in a funk. Second, because there's so much work to be done around our place before Samuel's graduation open house on June 13. And third, because it was going to be 11 hours of driving to New Jersey, three days of visiting with friends, and then another day of driving home. Quick trip. 

But I knew Melissa wouldn't like the idea of making the trip without me and, besides, this might be it for family trips this summer. So I decided skipping out wasn't a real option.

About 14 hours into our 11 hour drive today, I was questioning my decision. (Rain, traffic, and more rain.)

But once we arrived and saw and heard this:


... I knew it was going to be a great weekend. 

We're here with our good friends the Heckmans for a Covid-delayed wedding celebration for their daughter Haylie (one of our Hannah's dearest friends). 

And I am glad I am part of it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment