Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Friday, June 11, 2021

MEMORY IS AN ODD THING

Things I can't remember:

  • How to spell "occasionally". (It took me two tries just now to get rid of the squiggly red line that appeared after my first attempt.)
  • The plot of any movie I haven't watched five or more times. 
  • The steps required to create and print address labels for Christmas cards or graduation announcements.
  • The content of most classes I have taken in my lifetime from kindergarten through seminary - and the names of most of the teachers and professors who taught those classes.
  • Certain words I am trying to use in conversation on any particular day.

Things I can remember:

  • The name of my classmate who accidentally put his jock on backwards while dressing for gym class on the first day of 7th grade. 

His name was Alan G.*

And the jock thing is absolutely the only thing I recall about him. 


(* I actually remember his full name, but I didn't want to write it out here in case he ever does a Google search. Can you imagine searching your own name and finding out that this incident was still "out there" and now has its own little page on the world wide web 40 years later?)

1 comment: