Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 4 - TV (Give)

     Kate and Storly came over tonight for dinner along with their two sweet little girls.  Melissa made a pork roast with pineapple salsa, beer bread and corn casserole.  Kate brought the ice cream and cherry pie filling as a topping.  (Must be a Welsh thing.) 
     In conversation tonight we figured out that we first met Kate and Storly exactly two years ago.  It was through them that God first began to call us to Haiti.  We got to know them when they started to attend our small group on Friday nights.  More recently, Kate led the mission trip when Melissa went in June and Storly led when I went in October.  I learned then that Storly is a celebrity in Haiti.  He has done programs on Radio 4VEH for years and every Haitian seemed to know him, his name and/or his voice.  To say that they are a unique and talented couple is an understatement.  (And I will leave it at that since I suspect they will read this blog at some point and I wouldn't want their incredible humility to be compromised!)
      There's more I could say but I'm getting rather sleepy and I have to report still on the give away of the day:  a TV set.  A couple of months ago my mom got a new flat screen TV.  Her old TV sat in her living room for weeks until I finally got around to loading it into our minivan to bring home with us.  We replaced one of our old TVs with mom's old TV which meant that it was now our old TV's turn to sit on the living room floor for another several weeks.  Kate and Storly had been wanting to get a TV for their girls to watch in the basement but had decided they couldn't justify purchasing a second TV (they're not Americans, you see).  So, they took our old TV ... problem solved for both of us.  Win, win!

     Kate suggested I could build the readership for my blog if I would start announcing in advance what I planned to give away.  She's so clever....

No comments:

Post a Comment