Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 21 - Water Table (Give, and if not, Throw)

Years ago Melissa brought home a large plastic outdoor water table.  I believe we were living in Indianapolis at the time.  Caleb and Hannah played with it a bit when they were toddlers, but it was hard to keep the thing dirt and mosquito free.  Ever since we moved into our current house, the thing has been lying on its side against the garage.  It irritated me no end because dead leaves and ... muck ... would collect behind it.  So now it is out on the curb in hopes someone will take an interest in it and adopt it.  If nobody does, I guess I will finally find out if it will fit in a garbage can.

We finally got a bit productive today around the house.  There are plenty of jobs that will need to be done before we can put the house up for sale.  Melissa spent a good part of the day cleaning out the laundry room.  She also took several bags of stuff to Goodwill.  I started work on the upstairs bathroom.  The caulking around the tub needed to be replaced and there's a small section of the wall that was water damaged.  Eventually the walls need to be repainted.  I also got the back yard leaf-free, so that feels good.  So much to do still and so little energy!

Tomorrow I get to tell our church about our trip to Haiti.  I only get three to five minutes, but part of the announcement is that we will be gathering on December 5 to share stories and pictures for an hour and a half.  Not sure what I'm going to say yet, but I'll think it through before I hit the sack tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment