Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 23 - Two Space Heaters (Throw)

I threw away two space heaters.  Our basement is always cold in the winter time.  Melissa likes it warm, so we had three little space heaters which we scattered around the downstairs rooms and then stored during the warmer months alongside the Christmas decorations.  At the end of last winter, only one of the heaters was still working.  None of them oscillate anymore.  One just kept shutting itself off.  The other one would overheat and smell like burning dust.  The Princess (age 3) got a small burn on her leg from that particular heater last winter. 

So why store the two broken heaters?  Because "some day" I was going to get around to unscrewing the backs of them, blowing all the dust out of their innards and then hoping they wouldn't burn the house down when I plugged them back in.  I'm probably better off with them in the garbage can. 

Maybe my Mom will give Melissa one of her homemade "snuggies" for Christmas...

Update:  It took two days, but someone hauled away that ugly, filthy plastic water table.  Which gets me thinking:  I might have to experiment to see where people draw the line on picking up "free" stuff from the curb! 

No comments:

Post a Comment