Therefore Having Gone

Therefore Having Gone

Monday, November 29, 2010

Day 22 - Chuckleberries! (Give)

I have found a box full of items which might be much tougher to part with than the average book has been.  These are souvenirs with real significance.  I know we, as a family, will be able to store a few things long term while we're in Haiti (and anywhere else God directs), but it will need to be stuff that fits in a few small boxes.  Some of these items might get that privilege.

But I did find one or two things here that would be easy to part with.  I took a plastic cup labeled "chuckleberries" to Kate and Storly's in the evening for their movie gathering.  It's the old snake-in-a-can trick and their oldest daughter got a kick out of seeing her parents' reaction to opening it. 

A few of the folks who were on the Haiti mission team gathered to watch the movie "Hannibal".  I had never seen it before because ... well, it's just not my type of movie.  But it's one of Storly's favorite movies.  We had discovered this fact while sitting in a restaurant in the Chicago airport waiting for our connecting flight on our way down to Haiti about 7 weeks ago now.  Storly had us all laughing with his proclamation that "Hannibal" was a "beautiful" movie which was so "clever"!  Most of us had never seen it, but knew it by reputation and found it hard to swallow that it was either beautiful or clever. 

After seeing it for myself now, I can safely say that "Hannibal" is ... not my type of movie.  The chili and the cake were excellent though!  Beautiful, even...

No comments:

Post a Comment